Now Hiring: Graduate Research Assistant
We seek to hire one Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) for the Spring 2022 semester, for a 9 hour/week position. This student would be critical in providing assistance for several projects within the Center for Family and Community Engagement (CFACE), including work on existing funded projects with the Division of Social Services. Ideally, the incumbent will be available to continue work through the summer into subsequent semesters; hours may be negotiable moving forward. This position will work under the supervision of Dr. Emily Smith.
For the remainder of the Spring 2022 period (current date through May 4, 2022), CFACE seeks to hire a graduate research assistant for 9 hours/week. The new graduate RA will receive intensive training in project protocols, community-facing research and evaluation, and integration of the land-grant institution’s mission with the mission and vision of the Center to enhance the quality of life for families in the community. The graduate RA will participate in both Family Center Practice Project (FCPP) deliverable creation and collaborative opportunities. The graduate RA’s responsibilities will be split across research processes including literature reviews, project scoping, survey building, in addition to data collection, management, and analysis, creating community-facing reports and presentations, and assisting in the development of grant applications for additional funding. Preference will be given to applicants who wish to pursue continued employment with the Center as a GRA.
- Experience with multiple aspects of the research process including but not limited to: research question development, IRB generation, survey building, data collection, and data management
- Analytic experience including but not limited to: understanding of basic statistical theory, use of SPSS and/or Stata for data cleaning and analysis, generation of visuals, synthesis of results and findings
- Proficiencies in Google programs and Microsoft programs
- Professional communication skills in multi-disciplinary settings
- Demonstrated interest in public health, public policy, social work, community engagement, community or social psychology, sociology, or communications
- Application materials:
- Brief cover letter or statement of interest
- 2 References
How to Apply
Please email application materials in one document to email@example.com.